Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ubiquity runs in TB and Firefox!

Alright, finally got Ubiquity to run in both Firefox and TB using the same extension. I did it a lot faster than I had originally anticipated thanks to some pointers from David Humphrey.

Now it's just a matter of brushing up on my javascript and figuring out how I want to go about merging some of the files I wasn't able to completely merge. On top of that I have some bugs to fix that's causing Firefox to spit out some console errors when Ubiquity first loads (fortunately it doesn't affect Firefox's ability to run Ubiquity).

I'm pretty sure at this point that I won't be able to get the remaining Firefox and TB stand alone files merged by the time I need to hand in my 0.2, but at least I can get started on it. I probably won't be committing anything to the repository until I get something in that "works". I wouldn't want to add in some functionality to merge the files that didn't work properly and send it out.

Also, jono asked me to write up some documentation outlining the changes that I've made. That's going to take quite some time. I'll probably work on this primarily so that others can see what I've done and work with everything that I've changed (or help me make it better).

No comments: