Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Narrowed down my search!

I've finally managed to narrow down what files need to be changed in order to get our TB version of Ubiquity to launch in Firefox again. The following files we have that need to be replaced by the Firefox versions are:

/chrome.manifest
/defaults/preferences/preferences.js

/chrome/content/browser.xul
/chrome/content/builtinfactories.js
/chrome/content/cmdutils.js

/chrome/content/nlparser/parser.js
/chrome/content/nlparser/verbtypes.js



Now, if you only include:

/chrome.manifest

/chrome/content/browser.xul
/chrome/content/builtinfactories.js

The window will show up but commands won't work at all. So ultimately I want to get all of the files working eventually. So I have at minimum 3 files to worry about, and after that 4 more (a total of 7 files that need modification). Naturally, even after editing all 7 files, there's still going to be errors popping up in Firefox (a big one with the map command), but at the very least, I know how to "reverse engineer" what we've done to the point that I can get Ubiquity popping up in Firefox again. If I can just change the code to create/manage variables and functions based upon the environment Ubiquity is running under, I'm sure I can get Ubiquity to pop up in both Firefox and TB.

1 comment:

tjbro said...

I'm not sure how big of a job this is to load things seperately but Jono told me about a function in the Utils package called getApplicationName(). You probably know this already though but figured I'd give you that incase. Good luck!